If you are here then you are probably looking for an ideal bedroom speaker. It can be very confusing sometimes to pick one considering a plethora of options out there in the market.
There are many factors you need to consider like do you want hanging speakers, free standing, bookshelf or portable built-in types ?
Apart from these two important features you will also require clear audio quality, durability and an appropriate speaker size to place it in your bedroom.
In addition to all of this we realize that budget also plays a vital role in selecting speakers for your bedroom.
Hence we have put forth a list of the best wireless speakers for bedroom available in the market after rigorous testing.
Best Speakers for Bedroom
1. ECHO STUDIO
If you’ve lost count of how many Amazon Echo speakers are in the market these days, you’re not alone. But today we bring you the analysis of the latest and one the most ambitious portable bluetooth speakers in the family: the Amazon Echo Studio.
Fabric is used as the main texture and it is cylindrical design. Amazon did not want to risk design for its Echo Studio and the speaker is easily recognizable as such at a glance.
The woofer is aimed towards the opening, while the tweeter is focused on the front and the three 2-inch mids are divided between the upper loudspeaker output and two lateral ones.
Amazon’s range of Echo devices continues to grow. Coming at a very affordable price but with very exceptional acoustic qualities, the Amazon Echo Studio is the speaker for those who are looking for greater sound quality in a very small system.
- It is also quite concise in size, with a height of more than 20 centimeters, almost the same as its diameter.
- Amazon Alexa comes ready to use from the box and is really easy to configure. In less than a minute we had our Amazon Echo Studio ready at home.
- When it comes to wireless connectivity, this Echo Studio has dual-band 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth with A2DP and AVRCP profiles.
- When raising the volume to its extreme, the bass begins to get out of control, something that seemed to be its only drawback in this price range.
2. ANKER POWERCONF
If you are trying the best small bedroom speaker, that would provide you with simple and standard features such as accepting calls, can be used for conference calls with your friends, and all the standard audio media player features, then Anker PowerConf is something that you should surely consider.
One feature that you might notice that is quite peculiar about this system is that it comes with 6 microphones that provide 360-degree coverage and is quite excellent when it comes to voice command control. Although it is not exactly Alexa, it does provide simple features like picking up phone calls.
Anker PowerConf is not exactly revolutionary but it would surely suit those who are looking for a system that is simplistic in nature and are more interested in having conference calls and such.
- USB-C and Bluetooth connectivity that even many modern speakers lack.
- Quite a large battery with 24 hours call time coverage.
- Real-time echo cancellation, and ambient noise suppression as well as de-reverberation.
- Quite simplistic for its price tag.
- More focus on communication rather than sound quality and acoustic management.
3. JBL Professional IRX
JBL Pro IRX provides a world class frequency and output response system in such a small and concise system that would leave your jaw dropped with how much power it is packing.
The system is packed with voice recognition features as well and provides many other versatile features and is definitely designed for those who are looking for a more ruggedly designed speaker device.
The first most striking feature is the design of the system. Unlike new systems, that are more round and edgeless, The sound quality of the system is quite exceptional as it provides a wide frequency response, making sure each note is clear.
JBL Professional IBX seems more inline with outdoor use, or for people who have pets that are used to knocking things down, although a battery variant of a system would do wonders, that probably would not happen due to its power requirements.
- JBL Professional IRX speaker is something that is designed with the idea that it would be used roughly and is covered in a shockproof casing.
- One-touch ducking lowers the volume as soon as it detects any kind of voice command to follow.
- It might not be appealing to look at for everyone.
- It does not come with a battery so it won’t be as mobile.
4. Aiwa Exos-9
Aiwa Exos-9 has probably developed a sound system that is easy to use, provides great sound quality, in such a small size. The sound quality is crisp and the system is quite modular, meaning if it is paired with other systems, it can act as a custom surround system as well.
Accepting around 110 – 120 V at around 50-60 Hz, the Aiwa Exos outputs the power of 200 Watts.
The system also comes equipped with a standard Bluetooth system that has a range of about 50ft with a battery time of around 8 hours.
If you are someone that would sacrifice design, all modern features for exceptional sound quality that cannot be matched by any of the other portable bedroom speakers that are out there, then this is the system that you should consider buying.
- The batteries are swappable, which means that you can buy more than one and carry them with you in case of a discharge.
- Exceptionally great bass that might even defeat other music systems in this list.
- It’s a bit more expensive than other mentioned systems on the list, but if you are going for sound quality, this is the one you should pick.
5. BOSE SOUNDLINK REVOLVE
What happens if you put wireless control, omnidirectional sound and a pinch of Artificial Intelligence as a dressing in the same gadget?
At first contact, its structure is striking: its dimensions are very small, it has a very contained one-piece body. And a sound spectrum, which is highly optimized.
The front pad has six buttons: Bluetooth, On / Off, volume increase and decrease, indicator button to use the speaker and button to toggle between Auxiliary audio and USB audio.
Its touch is smooth, without travel, an immediate response membrane touch – so you wouldn’t have to keep your finger pressed.
It is clear from the first glance that BOSE has presented a simple and intuitive stereo speaker for your bedroom.
- We can update the firmware of the device without connecting any kind of cable.
- SoundLink Revolve is capable of memorizing up to 10 devices. Because of this, we would avoid having to pair up every time we change the controller of the system.
- We don’t need an app to know the status of the battery since by pressing the power button, the assistant’s voice will tell us the amount of charge that is remaining and the number of devices it is paired with.
- It only allows you to keep two devices connected simultaneously.
- if the instrumental load is very high, the reverberation of the membrane itself will create harmonic distortion, and all those unwanted reflections will cloud the audio.
- When the volume goes above 75-80% it begins to canceling frequencies with each other.
Buying Guide on Speakers for Bedroom
Beyond the quality or sound power of each speaker, your Bluetooth speakers must have a series of characteristics that we could consider as basic and common to all of them, whatever their type.
Perhaps the most important requirement for a Bluetooth speaker is compatibility with different versions of this same standard.
In addition to the mentioned support for different types of wireless connection, your Bluetooth speaker should have some of the most common wired connections.
Yes, you will surely ask yourself why I want to connect a cable if precisely what I am looking for is to avoid them.
Having certain connections will bring versatility to your device and expand its possibilities of use.
Scalability is a very rare feature among portable wireless speakers, but it comes in handy on certain occasions and you’ll be glad your speaker has this feature.
Some Bluetooth speakers allow you to connect to different devices with each other, in addition to the device that emits the sound.
This, for example, will allow you to unite your speaker with that of your friend and quickly create a 2.0 sound system with which the sound experience will be substantially improved, or you can extend the coverage of the sound to cover more area. Ideal for parties or impromptu gatherings.
Hi-Fi Bluetooth Speakers
Not all Bluetooth speakers are designed to be portable. In fact, improving the quality of Bluetooth data transmission has created a new market for high-fidelity Bluetooth speakers that are capable of reproducing crisp, powerful sound to satisfy even the pickiest people.
Enjoying a home theater sound system doesn’t have to be accompanied by a tangle of cables scattered throughout the room.
Thanks to Bluetooth home theater systems you can enjoy most versions of Dolby sound from soundbars that you can synchronize with your TV or wireless 5.1 and 7.1 sound systems without tripping over any cable.
In general, the ideal speaker is that that is capable of reproducing the entire frequency range that the human being can perceive.
This range is between 20 Hz for the bass frequencies and 20,000 Hz (or 20 kHz) for the treble.
In other words, if a speaker is capable of covering the entire frequency range, it will be able to reproduce a sound with more nuances and more true to reality.
If this range is lowered down, the speaker will not be able to deliver deep bass. If you do it in the upper part, the highest tones will not be harmonic.
Always try to test your speakers before buying them. No matter how good a speaker is, in the end, what counts is that the type of sound it produces is pleasant to you and, since that is a subjective perception of each person, you will have the last word.
Considering its features and limitations, this Revolve works just as well as a backup speaker for a peaceful outdoor barbecue, as it copes with the day-to-day rotation of the office computers. The same cannot be said about our other systems in the list.